Monday, August 29, 2016

Will You Trust Me Now?

Have you ever seen that tv commercial, I think its verizon where the guy goes all over the place then asks at each point "can you hear me now?"  The Lord does something similar with us but its called "will you trust Me now?"  It works like this:  we have problems and we cry out to the Lord for help.  He delivers us again and again.  After each time we tell the Lord "this time Lord I will never doubt you again!"  Then lo and behold, another problem, another issue, another insurmountable obstacle for us to face and what happens?  "Lord, can you hear me?"  "Lord, when are you going to answer?"  "Will the Lord deliver me this time?"  Right?

Life is a problem.  It is full of them and they never stop coming.  If its not one thing, its another.  Question is, at what point do we say "You know what?  Thats it, I have had it with playing games.  I'm going to trust the Lord or go down in flames.  There is no middle ground anymore."  How can we get to that point?  Does it take superhuman faith?  Do you have to be a 'supersaint.'  No and no.  It starts with the realization that we have no where else to turn to for help.  Think about it really hard.  Many times we need more than just an answer, we need a miracle.  That makes things quite easy doesn't it?  How many people do you know who can work miracles?  None, zero.  People cant get it done.  The Lord can work through people but people themselves are just vessels.

I don't enjoy being tested just like you don't.   But when I think about all the things that could go wrong, and the problems that never stop coming in one form or another, I fall back over and over again to the same thing.  Its just all too much for me.  There are too many problems, too many bad possibilities, too many enemies, too many people that hate/dislike/could care less about me, for me to try to do something about all of it.  So what then, give up?  Hardly, we were told by our God that He will never leave us and never forsake us:

Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."


We have a God who made us limited, dependent beings.  Why?  So we can fail?  No, so we can lean on and count on Him.  He is our answer, He is our solution, He is our warrior against the foe, He is our deliverer.  The problems and enemies and obstacles will just keep coming while we are on this earth:

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."


We know the problems keep coming, so we should make up our mind to trust Him no matter what.  Not because its easy to do, but because we have no other help like Him!

If I told you I needed a million dollars and only one person in the world was willing to give me a million dollars would you think I would agonize over the problem of getting a million dollars?  No, I would not agonize because only one person in this world could help me!  The same is true for us in our daily, weekly, yearly lifelong problems.  I can tell you that I do not have people stepping up daily to help me solve my problems.  There is only one Being there to help with it all and it is our Lord God.  There is no other help.  When there is no where else to go and no one else to turn to it makes things easy.  Either our God comes through for us or we go down in flames.  I can tell you that our God has come through for me and I am getting older by the day.  Year after year He does it again and again.  No I am not special, what is special are His promises to us.  His tender mercies and loving-kindness toward us who believe.  That is what is special.

Will you trust me now?  The next time the Lord whispers that in your ear while you are facing yet another problem answer "yes Lord, who else can I turn to?  There is only you...."

The grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ and God our Father be with you.


















No comments:

Post a Comment