Friday, August 22, 2014

Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you.

1 Peter 5:6Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you.
8Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour:
9Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
Benediction and Greetings
10But the God of all grace, who has called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that you have suffered a while, restore, establish, strengthen, settle you.
11To him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

My family is in need of another miracle.  My wife has figured out with some certainty that her employer plans to shut down the business unit where she works sometime around the Jan 2015.  We have looked around and where we live there are no good prospects for her to find another job like the one she has in the near future.  So now what?  Now this........

7Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you.

We do not live in this world without help.  The faithful God who has delivered me and my family time and time again through multiple miracles and answered requests will be with us again.  Am I being presumptive to make such statements?  How can I be so bold?  How many times does the Lord need to answer my prayers and deliver me before I "get it" and just trust Him?  What does the Word say?

Matt 7:7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.
9Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Now, really think about what the Lord says here ^^.  Either it is 100% truth or it is a lie, which is it?  This brother can testify that what has been written in the Word is truth and not a lie.  I cannot speak for others but I can speak for myself.  I have asked and I have received.  I did seek and I did find.  I knocked and the door was opened.  Many people will discount the Word by saying to themselves "yea, well there must be something special about him or her."  Wrong, what is special is the power and faithfulness of the Lord our God.  He has done these things through one of the least of the brothers in Christ (me) as a testimony to you.

The Lord does not answers us how or when we want most of the time.  We ask for what we want and when and how are His department.  I cannot deny what the Lord has already done for me, and I will marinate my mind and heart and spirit in the previous victories He has already given to build and maintain my faith for the next miracle my family needs, another job for my wife where there appears to be no jobs.

We will bring something back to the Lord daily that He respects: faith and His Word.  How can the Lord resist His own Word?  This is not twisting the Lord's arm, it is bringing to Him something He can work with, something that pleases Him: our faith and His Word.  What has the Lord said?  Bring it back to Him...

If you need a prayer answered or a miracle I pray that you will walk this walk with me into the comfort and provision and rest of the Lord.  We will be tried and tested and there might  be times that will not be pleasant but we absolutely must remember where our source is, in Him and He is faithful.

grace and peace












1 comment:

  1. I will pray for your situation - still waiting for my miracle....

    Naomi from Australia

    ReplyDelete