Friday, April 5, 2013

Why Many People No Longer Pray Part 2

When you feel like God does not answer your prayers, consider David the beloved of the Lord.  David it says was a man after God's own heart and yet what do we read from David's heart?

Psalm 31

.
Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am in distress;
    my eyes grow weak with sorrow,
    my soul and body with grief.
10 My life is consumed by anguish
    and my years by groaning;
my strength fails because of my affliction,[b]
    and my bones grow weak.
11 Because of all my enemies,
    I am the utter contempt of my neighbors
and an object of dread to my closest friends—
    those who see me on the street flee from me.
12 I am forgotten as though I were dead;
    I have become like broken pottery.
13 For I hear many whispering,
    “Terror on every side!”
They conspire against me
    and plot to take my life.

Read the words David prayed to the Lord ^.^.  Think about how low David must have been to pray these words yet we do not read him saying "God does not answer my prayers." Apparently this walk we walk is not easy.  We will have to fight, it will be tough, there will be tears shed and faith tested but you need to remember how David writes the rest of Psalm 31

Praise be to the Lord,
    for he showed me the wonders of his love
    when I was in a city under siege.
22 In my alarm I said,
    “I am cut off from your sight!”
Yet you heard my cry for mercy
    when I called to you for help.
23 Love the Lord, all his faithful people!
    The Lord preserves those who are true to him,
    but the proud he pays back in full.
24 Be strong and take heart,
    all you who hope in the Lord.

Look where David was and how he responded to being drug through the mud.  Look at Job and his situation and how he responded.  Now look at yourself and those around you at your situation and how will you respond.  How we respond makes all the difference.  Will we say "God does not answer my prayers" or we will respond like David or Job.  We decide.  We play a part in what happens.  Too many people today throw their hands up in the air and blame everything on God.  God does most of the work but He does expect us to play our part during our time on earth.  Consider how David and Job played their part, perhaps we should do our best to respond as they did.

to be continued..

grace and peace

No comments:

Post a Comment