Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It Does Not Fear When Heat Comes


Jeremiah 17:5This is what the Lord says:
“Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who draws strength from mere flesh
and whose heart turns away from the Lord.
6That person will be like a bush in the wastelands;
they will not see prosperity when it comes.
They will dwell in the parched places of the desert,
in a salt land where no one lives.
7“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
8They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.”


Here the Lord puts in stark contrast benefits and punishments.  Note with me the highlighted portion at the bottom.  We who are in right standing with the Lord are like trees planted by the water.  When the heat comes its leaves are always green.  Do you see the world heating up around us?  I'm seeing leaves turning brown on some of the trees around me but thanks be to God this writer's leaves are still green.  Do you see a world plagued with drought?  I do but why worry?  We should never fail to bear fruit.

Are these just words or does the Lord mean what He said?  He meant it.  This writer's testimony to you is I see this in my own life.  Is this recent?  No, I've seen this for over 20 years.  Over and over and over again the Lord has provided.  Why did the Lord writer this to us?  He wrote it with a purpose, to encourage us.

This writer would like to encourage you today with the testimony that the Lord is no respecter of persons.  What has been done for me can and will be done for you.  The Lord is faithful, he is full of loving kindness and tender mercies.


... O continue your loving kindness to them that know you; and
your righteousness to the upright in heart. ...
//bible.cc/psalms/36-10.htm - 17k
... How excellent is your loving kindness, O God! ... How precious is your loving kindness,
God! The children of men take refuge under the shadow of your wings. ... 



... Surround me with your tender mercies so I may live,
for your instructions are my delight. ...
//bible.cc/psalms/119-77.htm - 17k
... LORD, don't hold back your tender mercies from me. Let your
unfailing love and faithfulness always protect me. ...
//bible.cc/psalms/40-11.htm - 17k
... The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works



... He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. .... ...
//bible.cc/psalms/103-4.htm - 17k
... Hear me, O LORD; for your lovingkindness is good: turn unto me
according to the multitude of your tender mercies.


Hold on, drive your roots deeper if you are feeling the heat.  Lay hold of His promises and take them to the Lord in prayer.

grace and peace











No comments:

Post a Comment