Friday, August 25, 2017

What happens when you dont get what you asked for

The Lord always answers right?  The answer is yes.  So what happens when I asked the Lord for:

a,b,c,d,e and f and instead, not only do I not get a,b,c,d or e, but one or two of the things I asked Him for, He did the opposite?  I know He hears my requests, so when I did not get what I asked for but received the opposite instead I was upset with Him.  Is being upset with the Lord okay?  Yep.  Is being angry with the Lord okay, yes again as long as in both cases we keep coming back to Him.

So, to start we have to understand its okay to be upset as long as we make up our mind that we are going to take our complaints back to the Lord.  What happens when you are so upset, you can't really pray or kind of don't want to pray because of what happened?  You pour it out to the Lord like this "Lord, I'm upset with this, I am not happy about this, but You are the only One who can help me with this so here I am.  I'm asking you to help me."  That's a recent brother D prayer to the Lord.  Not happy, don't really want to pray, but realize He is the only help I have.

After pouting and pondering for awhile the dust starts to settle and this emerges from the situation you didn't ask for and don't want but are forced to live with:

1.  He knows better than we do what we need and when we need it.
2.  He is also interested in our reaction to not getting what we ask for or want.  Will we continue to come back to Him.  Will we time after time respond in faith?
3.  We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  All things?  Yes, 100%, everything, all the time.

Matt 7:7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

The Lord answers prayer, that is this brother's testimony.  We may not always like the answers, but He answers.  And before we get too upset and allow bitterness to enter our spirit we need to remember to be patient.  We need to allow our God, the Almighty to work things out in time.  We almost never (if ever) see the end from the beginning, He does.  If we allow patience to do its perfect work and give love and trust the benefit of the doubt we will see and understand why our Lord did what He did.

Brother D asked for something recently and not only did not get it, he received the opposite.  Brother D was not happy but thankfully in His mercy the Almighty is helping this nobody to understand why (generally) this happened.  We have to keep coming back, on our knees, angry, upset, weeping and feeling like we had our guts rolled over, we keep coming back.  When we cant articulate anything else because we are so upset, "help me" is enough.

grace and peace






No comments:

Post a Comment