Friday, August 15, 2014

8.15.2014 Prayer For All of Us

Lord, your Word is full of warnings to us who believe.  Today, on behalf of all the brothers and sisters, my family and myself I pray about your Words spoken to us below:

... and repent. If therefore you will not watch, I will come on you as a thief,
and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.

... Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man
is coming at an hour you do not expect. ...
... You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Lord, we pray for watchful eyes, that you will not come upon us as a thief.  You told us that you are coming at an hour that we do not expect and we take you at your Word.  You do not and cannot lie.  I pray that we will all be ready for you when you arrive.  I pray that we all will be found as faithful servants doing what pleases you during that unexpected hour.

I love you Lord and I do fear you.  Your Word makes us tremble.  Do not terrify us in your wrath but show us your tender mercies and loving kindness.  All glory and honor and power and all the riches and glory be yours forever and ever.

Amen.









No comments:

Post a Comment